Notes from Jan…
- Links to each tutorial are found below and also found in the sidebar on each tutorial page.
- Questions about your website can be emailed to Jan.
- General comments or questions can be made in the comment section of this page.
- Specific questions about a particular tutorial topic should be made on that video tutorial topic page. That allows questions about specific tutorials to easily be found by others.
Click Here for the To-Do Checklist…before starting the To-Do list, please watch the tutorials in the Getting Started section below.
Maintenance Mode – You may choose to put your site in Maintenance Mode while you customize your site. Visitors will not be able to see your site while you work on it. Maintenance is optional. Here is the tutorial that explains Maintenance Mode: Maintenance Mode
We’ve had upgrades and site improvements since I started recording tutorials. You may see some differences between my recorded screen and your screen. If you see a tutorial that looks a lot different than what you see, please let me know. When plugins are updated, sometimes their look changes.
As of January 2015, the widget area looks different than in some of my tutorials. New sites as of January 2015 have all video code in the widget area.
Rick offers you a way to get free pictures/graphics for your website. An email from Jan will come to you with information about this generous offer from Rick. If you do not receive the email, let Jan know and she will send you the information.
Edit a Page
- Login to your website.
- Go to the frontend of your site.
- Click the link to go to the page you want to edit.
- Click Edit Page found on top black toolbar.
- Find the module you want to edit…text on each module tells you what is inside.
- Click on the three black bars on the left of the module to open the module.
- Scroll down and make changes.
- Be sure to Save the module and then also Update the page.
When you are editing text inside a module, if you tap your Enter/Return key on your keyboard, you get a double-space between lines. If you want a single-space you must hold down Shift while you tap the Enter/Return key.
Graphics you may want for your site…
Right-click on the image, choose Save Image As, then save to your computer. You can then upload the image to your media library.